Duffins Creek Watershed Renewal Program 2012 Highlights
2012 was an exciting year for Trout Unlimited Canada’s Duffins Creek Watershed Renewal Program!
212 Highlights include:
- The official launch of the program in April 2012! Many thanks to Enbridge Gas Distribution Inc. for their funding for the first year of the program.
- Planting of 575 trees and shrubs along the edge of Duffins Creek. These plants will help to filter run-off before entering Bronte Creek as well as stabilize banks and prevent erosion
- Working and partnering with Toronto and Region Conservation, Enbridge Gas Distribution Inc. and Town of Ajax to complete program activities.
- Receiving a grant from Walmart Evergreen Green Grants to complete tree planting within Duffins Creek Watershed.
- Engagement of 75 volunteers who contributed 250 hours towards program activities
- Completion of 5 volunteer workdays within the watershed.
- Continued monitoring and assessment of ecosystem health within Duffins Creek.
- A successful Duffins Creek Family Fun Day in June with over 150 participants.
Stay tuned to this blog for information on 2013 activities and events!
Trout Unlimited Canada would like to thank everyone who helped to make 2012 a successful year for the Duffins Creek Watershed Renewal Program!